Terrapex’s Geotechnical Engineering division, formerly known as Alston, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Terrapex, is a leading consulting firm that provides geotechnical engineering, field and laboratory materials testing and construction inspection services. The team of geotechnical engineers, technicians and technologists provide the following services, either individually or in combination, to provide an efficient, economical solution that is tailored to the requirements of the project and needs of the client:
- Field Investigations: Site investigation and In-situ testing programs devised to determine physical properties and/or limitations of subsurface soils.
- Geotechnical Engineering: Value-added engineered solutions for foundations (deep and shallow); underground structures; pavement design; utility infrastructure; retaining walls, slopes and embankments; ground improvement; and facility containment.
- Construction Inspection & Materials Testing: Earthwork inspections, field testing and concrete sampling/testing.
- Laboratory Testing Services: Routine soil/aggregate testing plus specialized services including thermal resistivity testing, high displacement shear strength measurements, one-dimensional consolidation tests, California Bearing Ratio (CBR) and permeability testing.
- Precision Monitoring: Pre- and post-construction surveys to document potential ground movement and/or settlement that could result during various construction activities, and vibration monitoring.