SITE INVESTIGATION/IN SITU TESTING
Terrapex’s Geotechnical Engineering division, formerly known as Alston, was one of the first in North America to acquire a mini crawler-mounted multipurpose drilling rig. The “Terrier” rig is capable of conducting a wide range of percussion & rotary drilling in areas normally inaccessible by larger conventional drilling rigs.
We also have our own Marchetti Flat Plate Dilatometer which is a sophisticated in-situ testing device that incorporates a pressure cell to record direct measurements. This data is used to accurately derive the geotechnical parameters and engineering behaviour of soils, which in turn enables reliable design innovation.
- Confined Access Drilling (Terrier)
- Conventional Auger Drilling
- Rock Core Drilling
- Test Pitting
- Slope Stability Evaluations
IN SITU TESTING
- Standard Penetration Testing (SPT)
- Dynamic Cone Penetration Testing (DCPT)
- Flat Plate Dilatometer (DMT) Soundings
- Undrained Shear Strength Determinations
- Packer Infiltration Testing