GROUNDWATER CONTAMINANT FLOW ATTENUATION STUDIES
Testing is performed at several levels of complexity depending on the needs. Some of the ways that we do this are:
- Examining the past. Spatial and temporal (over time) patterns of each contaminant or contaminant type often reveal what is happening now and in the future. This is usually a desktop review.
- Examining the present: Our site assessments accurate pinpoint the problem so that a proper solution can be found. This usually involves some level of field work.
- Estimating the future: Terrapex can provide qualitative or quantitative estimates of contaminants providing decision-makers the most accurate picture available. This may involve anything from desk-top graphing to predictive computer modeling.
We regularly create 2-D and 3-D visualizations to illustrate the results for a wider audience such as at public presentations or meetings with regulators.
CONCEPTUAL SITE MODELS
A CSM must consider the physical setting, type of chemical and its properties, the contaminant profile, potential receptors and include results of any modeling or other studies that have been conducted.
The presentation of the CSM ranges from a simple matrix showing contaminants and anticipated exposure routes, to two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualizations to illustrate the results for regulatory review or for a wider audience such as at public presentations or stakeholder meetings.
With our CSMs, no matter what their level of technical expertise, our clients are in the position where they have understandable and accurate information on which to base their decisions.
PERMITS TO TAKE WATER
Occasionally, water takings are necessary during excavations, plant upgrades and operations, and groundwater remediations. Terrapex staff are capable of guiding you through the permit process to identify the type of permit required to satisfy your particular need. We will develop the application and follow-through with the Ministry on your behalf until the job is done.
AQUIFER PERFORMANCE TESTING
- developing a Conceptual Site Model (CSM);
- developing an application for a Permit to Take Water; or,
- designing a groundwater remediation approach.
Testing is performed at several levels of complexity depending on the needs. As the first step in the process, Terrapex would review the objectives and any existing information to prevent duplication thereby minimizing costs.
If additional work is required, with our complement of qualified professionals Terrapex can conduct the field testing, data analysis and interpretation, and reporting throughout the testing process. We can create 2-D and 3-D visualizations to illustrate the results for a wider audience such as at public presentations or meetings with regulators.